View Single Post
Old 07-14-2018, 02:20 AM   #10
Mike_The_Grad

Re: Th350 done for???

Well changing the transmission's vacuum modulator didnt make a difference in what I'm experiencing. I'm still going through the process of elimination in order to be absolutely sure if is the transmission. The simple solution would be to take it to the transmission shop and let them figure it out. Which I eventually will if I dont figure it out before then. Is it possible that an incorrect driveline angle in addition to a preloaded leaf spring rear suspension setup and lack of joint maintenance to cause loading of the transmissions output shaft transferring into loading the front pump and torque converter? What symptoms are associated with a broken front pump, torque converter or bad frictions inside the transmission?
My transmission still shifts. It does seem to be stacking the shifts though. If I'm leaving a stoplight with a gentle throttle, I'm shifting into second at 1400 rpms, then itll drop to about 1200 and at 1400 again it'll shift into 3rd. Same situation if I lay into it. Itll hold til almost 3000 rpms then shift into second and itll drop to about 2800 and then again at 3000 itll shift into third. It goes into reverse. It moves under it's own power. But theres this intermittant metal scratching sound that reacts to the throttle. Not instantly but it follows the rpms. It does this sound whether in park, neutral, or any gear. And it gets more frequent the more throttle I give it. As soon as I let off the throttle the noise stops until the rpms settle and I give it more throttle.
Maybe the one way clutch in the converter? The fluid is red, does not smell burnt, no noticeable particles on the stick or the rag after wiping. I'm going to pull the inspection cover and look at starter to flexplate engagement, flexplate integrity, transmission case vent valve for clogging. And fluid level.

I will figure it out and I will follow up with results. I'm mostly typing this out for notation. It's easier for me to type it out rather than right it down. Thank you to those that have replied. I appreciate it.

Instagram: Mike_The_Grad
Mike_The_Grad is offline   Reply With Quote