View Single Post
Old 03-09-2016, 04:42 PM   #437
XGreen

Re: No Limit '72 C-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by robnolimit View Post
It's update time.Now we have a bent frame, and we can straighten it, but we found a pretty good (not perfect) bare frame for $300.00. Since we have a new cab, this seemed like a good move, as we can do more prep work, and still drive and test parts on the JT. We did some basic boxing, and welded in the front crossmember, and all frame crossmembers. The stock rear shock crossmember was bent, so we replaced it with a 1 1/2" tube, - we'll be using our new rear shoch mounts so we don't need them on the crossmember.
Rob,
I know this particular post is very old but I am just trying to better understand your boxing and frame strengthening strategy. I tried marking up the pic of your frame (orange=braces, yellow=boxing). from what I can see you boxed from the front cross member along the angle to the straight. Then behind the trailing arm cross member at an angle outboard then back inboard at a sharper angle and over the rear axle.

Please correct my assessment if you would please. And if you can just explain your strategy any further that would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Images

XGreen is offline   Reply With Quote