View Single Post
Old 12-17-2006, 02:53 PM   #14
Rokcrln

Re: One-Man Cab & Bed Lift

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicchev View Post
Are you able to lift the box high enough to get the frame out without the wheels hitting the bottom of teh box?? I had built one of these setups, and the box was a challange, had to lift from the rear without the tailgate.

Darren
Sorry it took so long to get to your question but I had to put my bed on my frame to make sure. Yes you can depending on two things, 1) how high will your lift go and 2) is your truck lifted! I had to jack the back of my truck up some because it is so low that my lift would not clear my tank or trailing arms but it all cleared the tires and frame with no problem. I do know what you are saying about having to go from the tailgate end and it may need to be done depending on the above factors. Also if you are in a one car garage you may need to lift from the back and not the side. But how ever you need to do it, it sure is easy this way instead of with 4 friends! I just lowered it about 1/2" above teh mounts and then dropped in the bolts thru the mount holes and lowered it the rest of the way

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Attached Images

Rokcrln is offline   Reply With Quote