Thread: George...
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 02:41 PM   #7
69gmcc10

Re: George...

The first thing people will tell you on this forum when starting your project is “get a plan!” I don’t know if they realize that is next to impossible on this forum when every build thread I read completely changes what I want. In my head my truck changes from lowered to raised, from black to two tone ochre, from carbureted to an LS, from automatic to a T56 on a daily basis. I think the chalkboard in my head that holds all of my ideas is worn out!

The things I do know is that this truck is a long bed and that will stay the same. The rear is a leaf spring set up and after much debate with myself I will convert to coils, it is cheaper and easier to lower and more comfortable for day to day use. It has drums all the way around and while they do stop better on that first push of the pedal, every push after that is the perfect reason to upgrade to disks up front. This truck is going to move in stages so I can enjoy each step as an accomplishment and decide what I want to do next. I will be keeping a tab on how much and where I purchase things along with as many pictures as I can remember to take.

First upgrade, mirrors, the passenger side head is gone, the drivers side looks like Charlotte’s Web and the rearview just looks at the floor waiting for it to be sent off to its happy hunting ground. Side mirror assemblies from LMC $60 and a screwdriver fixed the rearview. Now let’s finish taking off the trim, gravity has done half the job for us and I can see some rust issues under there.
Attached Images

69gmcc10 is offline   Reply With Quote