View Single Post
Old 02-13-2017, 03:07 PM   #20
Devil Pup

Re: Complete build change. Lifted 2wd

Well didn't get as much done as i would have liked this weekend but made a little progress none the less. On Saturday had a busy day running around scoping out a new location for our office at work before running back to town to help a family member move. By the time we finished it was too late and raining so i decided to work on my airbrushing. another one of my brothers wanted to give it a shot. he gave up after a few minutes. lol.

On Sunday my oldest brother and I hit the junk yard. Came across this home built mini truck on what looked like a full size frame. thought it was interesting so i decided to share haha.

I was also able to score a wheel which matches the other 3 so now i have a full set. wheel looks straight, tire is no good but this size wont do anyway. got this wheel, a fuel injector pig tail "to clean my injectors on the bench" and some bumper brackets for $22 bucks.

I have a whole bench full of parts ready to go on the frame/motor but cant seem to catch a break in the weather. My brother is prob going crazy with all the parts laying around his garage. Even have parts stuffed in the cab of his Ford project lol.

Cleaned and painted a few more things until the wind/cold set in. still sticking with budget paint.
73-87 motor mounts

Sway bar mounts and Moog tie rods

1-1/4 inch sway bar. man this thing is beefy.

Shackle and spring eye bushings are destroyed. I was planning to run Poly but can only find them in 1.5 ID. My spring and shackles are 1 1/4. so looks like Moog rubber is gonna be the answer.

Last edited by Devil Pup; 02-13-2017 at 03:16 PM.
Devil Pup is offline   Reply With Quote