View Single Post
Old 03-14-2006, 11:56 AM   #1
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

Not another build thread! Progress on my '67

Well, I think everyone likes build threads, so it's about time I start my own.

Background:

I bought the '67 in 1996 from my uncle. I lived in a rural town in southwest NY and my uncle drove the truck up from SC. He decided to sell it and not drive it back home. I paid $1,400 for it with new brakes and tires all the way around. I basically added a stereo, some speakers, replaced the heater core, sanded the body down, my dad sprayed it with a primer with clear, and I drove it when there was no snow on the ground for the next 2 1/2 years. It had the stock 250 six popper, 3 speed converted to the floor, and 3.73 rear. It sat for the next 3 1/2 years while I attended Clemson University in Clemson, SC. I lived with the same uncle who sold me the truck in columiba SC in the summers when I wasn't at school. He trailered the truck down from NY for me and that summer I began a mild rebuild.

The 250 and 3spd were tossed in favor of a rebuilt 350 from advance (quit laughing it was only $700 and I still had a year of school left) and a junkyard 700R4. I also pirated a complete power disk brake set up from a 71 GMC at a local 'yard. The suspension was tore down, cleaned, painted, and ALL NEW parts installed: rotors, calipers, brake lines, pads, ball joints, tie rods, bushings, etc... I got it all back together and running and ran out of money but I got to drive it to my last year of college...untill the trans blew in late February 2004. 2 years later I FINALLY have the money to finish it. UNFORTUNATELY I live in an apartment complex in Greenville, SC (2 hours from where my unlces house, and the truck, are in columbia.) So I have to "plan" weekends to work on it.

What I've done recently: Purchased goodmark doors and fenders coated/painted them inside and out (the backside) with eastwoods rust encapsulator and topped that off with a coating of truck bedliner. Got a nice rust free set of rear fenders, need to start cleaning them up. I've installed a set of split bench seats from a 93 silverado and added insulation to the cab floor. I've also installed new cab mounts. I hope to get it back on the road by July of this year in a coat of Maui Blue paint. I'll keep this thread open for progress. Enjoy.
Attached Images

1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote