View Single Post
Old 08-10-2015, 12:15 AM   #20
Maximus

Re: Maximus's 1972 K5 Blazer 4X4 Build Thread

Time for an update. bad news is the rust repair was put on hold. I have other things that will be taking priority over the K5 so I cant dedicate the time right now to cut the floors out and do it right, so im just thowing the vinyl floor mat in and I will get to the rust later. Since my last post I bought a console from a 89 K5 and painted it black, and threw the floor mat in so I can continue to drive the blazer until I can spare enough time to do the rust repair.
I made a idiot mistake and ordered the vinyl floor for a "low hump" blazer, for some reason when I saw "low hump" i didnt hesitate, until it showed up and I remembered its my '55 that has the low hump... anyways, it still seems to fit well enough, so I am not too bothered by that mistake on my part. The floor mat fits pretty good overall, it covers the entire floor and has enough material to even roll up the back step to the back floor. I had to spend some time to trim at all edges, and then cut holes for the transfer case shifter as well as the seat and seat belt mounting locations.

Here's a couple shots of the vinyl in place and the new seats finally bolted down. The console is just hanging out for now, will run some self tapping screws in it in the near future.

Here is a shot of the rear cargo area with the individual covers on the wheel wells and one piece to cover the rear cargo area from front to back.
I have not done any trimming on the rear floor mats yet, ran out of time.

Overall the vinyl floor mats are very nice quality, my mistake on not getting the high hump front mat probably contributed to my fitment issues up front, and they are long in every direction so you have to trim to fit but this allows you to make sure it fits your specific application. I went in realizing that it didnt have the factory pattern, and its just a generic pattern but its a nice thick vinyl floor that I am happy with.

FYI: the company on the box from my kit is ACC, or Auto Custom Carpets, Inc.
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote