View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 11:58 AM   #14
Flint70step

Re: Project Patina Azul

I'm using the van gas tank and lines so I don't have to buy anything like a new pump and all that.The van tank is 2 inches wider than the lower portion of the Burb frame rails.The van tank is much bigger than the factory Burb tank,I would say close to twice the capacity.

After removing the Burb tank,feed and return lines,I fed in the van fuel lines and loosely mocked them up to make sure they reached the tank.The Burb tank and lines will be going under my truck to get the gas tank outta my cab.Hey...there's a budget mod right there

Then I ground off the rivets for the rearmost cross member and removed it to be positioned after the tank mock up

I took careful measurements and slit both sides of the lower frame rails leaving a small section uncut every 6-8 inches.

Then I used my mini sledge to bend the cut sections up to make a 90 degree angle.The uncut sections I mentioned earlier made a great place for me to hammer and tuck the section flush with frame cut.I will weld this in after all the mock up is complete to box the frame a bit to add back any strength that I may have taken out slimming it down

72 Custom Deluxe Burb(Arizona truck)Nice interior
Great patina

Project Patina Azul http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=467668

Last edited by Flint70step; 06-03-2011 at 01:48 PM.
Flint70step is offline   Reply With Quote