View Single Post
Old 12-13-2023, 11:43 PM   #71
joedoh

Re: More on EVs from a guy trying to sell them

my brother told me once that I needed an apple watch, that it was made for guys like me. i thought he couldnt know me less well, that if he knew me at all the idea of a watch that i had to charge every single night, that duplicated the basic time keeping of the $100 watch I wore that would last years on a single battery with only the mirror of functions my phone already had was ridiculous on its face,

so is with EV, here is something that costs significantly more than the thing I already have, that has to be charged every night, that only mirrors the same functions my current car already has....

I dont care about 0-60 times if I have to recharge for hours after a round of fun, i dont spend all of my commute going 0-60 like a yo-yo. that kind of stuff wears thin on daily drivers anyway. the initial cost is prohibitive and electricity here is not 1:1 comparable with gasoline but its not a 1:0 by a long shot. I think the guys that like EV are also the ones who like smart watches, that I view as useless accessories and they view as essential. potato potatto.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393