Thread: 55.2-59 fiy on me
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2024, 10:41 AM   #4
dsraven

Re: fiy on me

I know exactly what you are going through because I have blown my shoulders out 4 times and had 4 major surgeries. being a firefighter is hard on the upper body for sure. all I can say is sit back and take it easy. the first week is the worst so gear up with the pain meds and do the ice on for 20 minutes/ice off for 20 minutes all day if you can. it is difficult to get comfy enough in bed to sleep so many nights I simply slept in the recliner chair. keep the sling on, I know it is hot and bulky etc but the surgery need to be sorta imobile so the healing parts don't get torn again and again. I had a little cooler that had a pump in it and a wrap that went around the shoulder so the ice water in the cooler was pumped up into the wrap and that made icing it a whole lot easier. well worth the money for the system and it has been used by several others for different joints. here is a link to the one I have
https://www.orthomed.ca/breg-polar-c...hoC-vsQAvD_BwE
when you start to go to physio ask for a paper copy of the exercise plan, which will start off really slow, so you can make sure to get all the movements done and not forget something. I always took a tylenol 45 minutes before starting the exercises so it would be less painful. you gotta be your own advocte so don't go into it thinking the physio guy is gonna fix you. the physio guy is only there to monitor you and give the exercises as he sees fit according to your progress.
anyway, sorry to hear you fell and got injured, it looks like it is more than the shoulder too, by the looks of the other hand. stick tight and soon you will be back up and running. did the doc say which muscles or tendons were torn? how extensive the surgery was?
dsraven is offline   Reply With Quote