View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 09:32 PM   #273
66Gilbert
1966 Crew Cab & 4X4 Fanatic

Re: 60-66 Chevy And GMC 4X4's Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60-66 View Post
Thank you 66Gilbert. Yes I bought it from a guy in California off eBay maybe 10 ? years ago. He was second owner. It was the most well optioned truck I had seen at that time. The original owner traded in a 1960 K20 on this truck in 1966. That's the reason for the 1960 hubcaps on this truck. The question is still in my mind on whether this truck had any hubcaps at all or if he just liked these better ? I see in previous posts that topic has come up. The current hubcaps I had to find NOS and then cut the center out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oem4me View Post
As you probably noticed, I think it was '63 and on that the 4X4's came without hubcaps.
This truck must have been listed for some time on Ebay before there were any takers if it was only 10 years ago that you bought it. I must have missed this because 10 years ago my career was in full swing and it would have been a bidding war between me and you. Oh well, If You Snooze You Lose. Also on the hub caps, even though they did not come with them on a 1966 4x4 I think they make your truck look way better and more complete.
66Gilbert is offline   Reply With Quote