View Single Post
Old 04-08-2024, 09:42 PM   #61
KyleSeal

Re: Proportioning Valve Keeps Tripping?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardJ View Post
>>found a broken flare on the master cylinder side for the primaries.<<

"primaries" ? Explain. The rear piston in the MC is the Primary (singular). The line flair leaked and you replaced the line ?

>>Verified strong flow at line out of master, prop valve and out of prop valve. <<

If you cracked the fittings, pumped the pedal and got fluid out, when you released the pedal it would pull air back into the lines, combo valve and MC. Explain your actual process.

Did you recheck the booster pin-to- MC depth with the new MC ?

What bleeding method are you now using ?

If manual bleeding, I suggest getting a helper and open/close those speed bleeders as though they were regular bleeders. I'm not totally convinced your speed bleeders are acting as they should.
By primaries I was meaning just the master itself. So the front bowl flare on the master casting was busted. I replaced the master and the line to the prop valve to be safe.
I am using a pressure bleeder set to 15-20PSI, so no pedal actuation.
I have checked clearance with a micrometer end and a ruler, and am around the spec.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
Dent or obstruction in the hard line from combo valve to rear hose? Or maybe the hose itself or the tee? Sounds crazy.

I know someone said not to blow compressed air through the lines, but that's what I'd do at this point.
I checked the lines, no breaks or kinks, I cracked all fittings with the pressure bleeder on it, and have good flow all the way back to the wheel cylinders.

When I crack the rear bleeders, I get a rush of fluid, then it slows and eventually just completely stops. The fronts will rush out and fill a mason jar quick, rears wont even get above 1/4inch of fluid in the mason jar before it stops.

Compressed air will probably be my next step. I just cant believe how many issues I am getting right now. Its insane.

My Build Thread (1967 C10, lowered, EFI, daily truck): http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=830809
KyleSeal is offline   Reply With Quote