View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 04:04 PM   #14
oem4me

Re: Post Your Factory Correct Restored Trucks! (No Customs!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theastronaut View Post
Really, the whole truck is over-restored and wouldn't score very well if it were judged solely on correctness.
As far as 60-66 trucks go, nobody in their right mind is going to go through the extra headache and expense of a factory correct restoration and stay completely accurate. By that I mean duplicating the level of careless slop found on original survivors, including runs and sags in paint, raw unfinished metal, blackout applied with a hand mitt, badly misaligned body parts, etc.,etc. And like Jonz pointed out, these trucks were built in several plants each with their own methods and paint sequence, so it's really hard to nail down what is indeed "correct".
I am familiar with the NCRS and how they are dedicated to accuracy. All Corvettes were built in the same plant, to the same standards (which must have been a higher standard than trucks), so it's much easier to compile accurate guidelines for restoration. There's lots of good reference material for the Corvette owner, not so much for the C-10 crowd. But we are making progress even here on this board with threads like this. Keep it up fellas!
oem4me is offline   Reply With Quote