View Single Post
Old 08-31-2017, 06:54 PM   #99
sprint_9

Re: sprint_9's 72 C10 Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by gringoloco View Post
Killing it! Great work
Thank you sir, your's is coming along nicely too.

Figured I would do a small update before this weekend. Most of last weekend was spent fitting my floor supports and rocker mock up. Rocker mock up was very time consuming to get a consistent gap, I ended up cutting a spot weld on it and bending it to get it to fit, it was sitting on kind of a hill in relation to the door and hitting on the front edge were the door pivots when opened and closed.

I also had a pretty significant amount of damage to my lower front door pillar, the replacements really seemed crappy and in changing them I would loose some of my reference points for that lower fender bolt hole, so I cut the bad out and used the replacement for a patch panel.

And finally I was never really happy how my intake came out, an improvement yes, but just not what a I wanted. I ended up with a Doorman Gen 3 truck intake and shaved it down. Its actually a two piece intake so that made it very easy to work on. Ive got a little porting to do on the intake runners and it will be ready to bolt on. Im a lot happier how this one turned out and how it will look on the engine.
Attached Images

sprint_9 is offline   Reply With Quote