View Single Post
Old 04-26-2016, 08:49 PM   #19
Mrturner1

Re: Quick video, help me identify this sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp rat View Post
You should have way more oil on your lifters splashing allover the place even at idle, i think you have a blocked oil galley that feeds the lifter passages and bearing journals, this would also fall into place with your warn out pushrod you posted before.

I have high end hearing loss so not sure if i hear the squealing or not but if an oil galley is blocked leading to the cam bearings i would think it might emit a squeaking sound, even if it was one cam bearing or maybe 2 or 3 it could still run.

http://www.grumpysperformance.com/SBCOiling.gif

I think because the idle is turned down to barely even running (maybe 500rpm) and the 30w oil is so thick that it's not gonna splash like a normal setup would. If I turn the idle up even to 750rpm which is about normal for my cam, it starts splashing and spitting oil all over the headers and smokes a lot. You could very well be right but I'm hoping not! lol I just think the noise is too sporadic and inconsistent to be a bearing or even a lifter. I can see good oil flow at each individual pushrod so my fingers are crossed.
Mrturner1 is offline   Reply With Quote