View Single Post
Old 06-14-2016, 03:52 PM   #1
johnwaynejeep

Quadrajet Sticky post-is this an option

All,

I recently rebuilt the quadrajet in my 85 K20. I had some questions and I was surprised I didn't see a tech section with articles or write ups concerning common questions or common tasks that people do with these trucks.

Is it possible to start a tech section? this section could be populated with sticky threads that address common tasks and problems. If this already exists and I'm just not seeing it I apologize.

As an example of a tech thread, I've found that the stock high speed idle on the quadrajet sticks very easily. I was planning on drilling some holes in the tabs and attaching a return spring to the high speed idle. The accelerator pump is also a little sticky, I was planning on replacing the spring in the base of the pump with a higher tension spring and sanding down the pump shaft to open up the clearance. Anyone who has tuning suggestions for the typical at home mechanic would be a fantastic addition.

I have no problem writing up a tech article on this. Keep in mind this is the first time I've done this and I'm likely to get some things wrong, it would help if someone is willing to look over the article once completed and make sure I'm not posting bad information

Thanks
Robert
Smittybilt front/rear bumper, 10K winch
Pacific Grove, CA
johnwaynejeep is offline   Reply With Quote