View Single Post
Old 08-13-2018, 12:40 PM   #588
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Re: "Elwood" the 77_remix

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustytruck50 View Post
I'm thinking that was a great course of action...gives some time to calm down & explore the possibilities
Yes, I needed to walk away for a bit. I'm not looking forward to getting back there, but I'll get it done soon enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 83GMCK2500 View Post
Loving the updates, that engine is looking mighty fine. Nice to hear positive things for Spectre radiators, I need one in my '96 and I've been searching high-&-low for a GM/AC Delco one that isn't $700.
With the move to the flat upper radiator support for the taller radiator, why not the fan shroud for the taller opening?
I considered using the big block/diesel shroud. I looked at pics of them and didnt care for the height. I felt it would over power the motor that I'm trying to show off. Combine that with the knowledge of the more you change, the more you have to change.

I was astounded at the cost to recore a copper tank. I can buy three new ones for the same price. I want a big fan of the plastic and aluminum radiators, but thats all they are using in new cars and trucks for the last decade (or more) so I my as well get in this new millennium before its over.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote