Thread: Ls swap opinion
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2020, 12:05 AM   #24
kipps

Re: Ls swap opinion

My initial reason was a little different than others stated.

I was starting from a early TBI truck. It was increasingly troublesome, and something needed to happen. I was faced with several options.

#1, replace the TBI with a carburetor. The cheapest option, but it felt like a step backwards. Also, my flat-tappet engine core was likely having issues that even a carb swap wouldn't fix. To do this right, would mean learning how to tune and adjust my own carburetor. Not impossible by any means, but I'd be putting effort into learning an outdated system.

#2, Replace the TBI harness and fully learn the TBI system myself. Again, it seemed bad to be putting a lot of effort into learning an older system.

#3, Swap to an LS. definitely the most expensive option, but the effort put into understanding and tuning this system would be the most "future-proof" compared to other options.
1987 C6P V20 truck, 2010 LMG 5.3, AFM delete, 2010 Camaro exhaust manifolds, 1997 nv4500, 1991 np241c, hydroboost, 2005 14bff axle & driveshaft, drop-n-lock gooseneck, 4.10 gears, stock suspension, rims, and tires. Still a work in progress. Any questions or suggestions are welcome!
kipps is offline   Reply With Quote