Thread: Far North 67
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2023, 10:41 AM   #1
coldrider

Far North 67

Figured I’d put together a build thread on my 67 SB.

But first, a little backstory and mine is probably like a lot of other guys on here. My first car was a POS, but I scrimped and saved and eventually bought what I really wanted, a 67 SWB GMC. I loved that truck and put a lot of time and effort into it, lowered, 383 stroker, shaved tailgate, roll pans, 15” turbine wheels, 295/50s all the way around... everything this teen from the early 90s wanted in a street truck!

And then life started to happen. I took up an interest in motorcycles, snowmachines, guns, and my future wife. There simply wasn’t enough money to go around, so I sold the truck. That was all fine and good at the time, but I never stopped hinting to my wife that I always wanted another 67 and on my 40th birthday she handed me a stack of cash (enough to get a project started anyways) and told me to start looking.

That was in 2015! It took me until 2019 to finally pull the trigger. I’m in Alaska so pickings are slim or rusted beyond what I wanted to start with.

So I’m scrolling eBay one day and came across a clean 67 at a pretty fair starting price but the auction ended without any bids. I contacted the seller to say I was interested but I wasn’t willing to pay the starting bid because I was in Alaska, the truck was in New York and shipping was going to be expensive. I made my offer, he declined, and that was that.

A week or so later (IIRC) he emailed back asking if I was still interested because he had a few things he needed to take care of. We made a deal and the rest is history. It arrived here in fall of 2019 and almost immediately I had to put it into storage due to snow being right around the corner (I need a bigger garage!)
coldrider is offline   Reply With Quote