View Single Post
Old 04-03-2018, 01:11 AM   #1
64jmb

1966 C10 Turn signal Switch issues

He All,
I have a totally mechanically restored 66 C10. I have done it all. I have also replaced all the wiring in the whole truck with a whole new modern harness by someone who REALLY knows his stuff!!

Only 1 issue I am having.

I have installed 3, mind you, 3! turn signal switches and none of the lasted only a few weeks. 2 from LMC. I think were made in Taiwan. Those were junk!

Then I just bought one here locally from a guy that said.... we used to buy those, we buy these now and we no issues with these... 2 weeks later, same junk.

There is nothing is in those columns but the turn signal harness itself wiring wise, and the wheel bearing and switch. I have a NOS new canceler on the steering wheel as well.
All the other wiring is replaced. My biggest issue is, they never work correctly. In drive both tail lights flash like emergency flashers and I do not have any emergency flashers on my truck. My mechanic is ASE certified and works on all these type cars and trucks all day. He says the switches are junk which I believe.

I am now looking at only a AC Delco one part number D6202. The sis a the original part number. They make them still. They are made in the United States, I called them myself to make sure.

Are these after market ones that bad?

Am I missing something? Thoughts... remember everything is new.... also a note... this switch... truck has no key in the ignition...I hold down the brake pedal, and my gauges starts to move around and my electric fan goes on, I lift off, it stops.... that one baffles me... but it all seems to be related to the turn signal switches I have been installing.... what am I missing?

Is there something else this could be.... let me know. thanks!
64jmb is offline   Reply With Quote