View Single Post
Old 10-21-2014, 02:09 PM   #6
NorCalAnthony

Re: Finally starting my engine swap project: 5.3/4L65 into '84 short bed 2wd

Sounds like you made some good progress over the weekend Not sure which place you're planning on sending your harness and computer to for the rework but make sure they label all of the connections for you, it'll save a headache or two when you go to hook it back up...

I've seen a couple of guys get over zealous stripping the old wiring out while they're cleaning up their engine bay and accidently get rid of stuff they still needed so I personally plan on taking my time with the wiring on both trucks and label everything as I disconnect it. It'll take longer on the front end but make things a lot easier when it comes time to put the new engine in and marry things up.

I'd definitely start ordering as many things now as you can. If you're like most of us you'll forget little parts and pieces as you go so the earlier you start collecting parts the sooner you'll realize you still need something else lol. Better to find that out while you're still prepping than when you're wanting to drop it in or fire it up.
NorCalAnthony is offline   Reply With Quote