View Single Post
Old 03-21-2010, 10:13 PM   #25
VetteVet
Msgt USAF Ret

Re: Battery/amp gauge

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72stepside327 View Post
Check Murphy's law X 10 for me.

Oh mine IS slightly to the right. Pull the whole dash panel out, it's slightly to the right, hook it up, it's slightly to the right, start the truck it's slightly to the right with never so much as a millimeter/quiver of difference no matter if connected, disconnected, started, or killed. I've checked the wiring a dozen times, it's spot on with the manual. I have voltage at the dash clip pins at both #1 & #12 when checked to ground (#7), circuit is good, gauge ohms out right, it's not shorted, etc.

I'm wondering more and more about that innocuos "fusible link" near the passenger fender on the charging wire in the wiring manual, as well as Fixit's comment about the charging wire being a certain length/resistance.
Well if you check the circuit for the battery gauge wires then you can see they run from the gauge to the fender terminal and from the gauge to the three way connector of the alternator, regulator,and the battery. if you followed this then you should have a working gauge, otherwise it must be a gauge problem. I think you have seen this circuit diagram and if not I can post it for you.

metallic green 67 stepside
74 corvette convertible
1965 Harley sportster
1995 Harley wide glide

Growing old is hell, but it beats the alternative.
VetteVet is offline   Reply With Quote