Thread: Score!!!
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2014, 09:37 AM   #10
jeffro308

Re: Score!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eighteenninetytwo View Post
Here are the two transfer cases. Both as far as I can see NP205. First one is mine second the donor vehicle. I think the 350 is the better condition of the two transmissions. I there ANY reason that the current tranny (the 400) would NOT fit to the other transfer case if that was the way I decided to go? Are there variations of NP 205 i might be unaware of? Also as my truck has no front driveline when i got it, I ASSUME that to use the 2WD function of the NP 205 I need Warn Hubs on the front wheels and I need to manually turn them to 'free' before engaging 2WD??
The input shafts are different for the 350 and 400 versions. IIRC the 350 can be modified to fit the 400 by machining the case for the larger bearing. The rest of the internals should be the same. The good news is that the 700R4 will bolt up to the 350 version with a cheap adapter between and the lockup controlled by a pressure switch in the servo housing. You could sell the 400/205 and pay for all the stuff you need as they are very popular.
jeffro308 is offline   Reply With Quote