View Single Post
Old 12-04-2016, 12:21 PM   #1
Corte's Speed Shop

1966 Aluminum P10 Grumman Olsonette

Hi All! My name is Justin and I live in Bayfield, CO. I'm finally making some good progress on my project and figured it's time to start my build thread.

It's a 1966 Chevrolet P10 chassis with an aluminum Grumman Olsonette body. The wheelbase is only 102" and was originally powered a 250 straight six. Just going to make a goofy hot rod to haul the dogs around in. Would also like to set it up as a tow rig to haul my turbo 5.3 Chevelle to the track.

Plans are to drop in a stock 5.3, TH400, Re gear the 12 bolt, blast and powder coat the frame, air bag setup, cupped lower control arms, drop spindles, front disc brakes, 2600 bags up front, c notch, 2500 bags in the rear, hidden hitch, and somehow finding the patience to polish the body out.

The day I made the deal for $400 lol.

Paint Stripped

Lift Off!

An el cheapo Craftsman box I sanded down, stickered up, and patina'd with a rust solution. Will use this to haul tools to the track.

Cupped lower control arms.

A set of seats I scored at the Good Guys show in Phoenix last month. Also was able to make it to Dino's Git Down. Super cool event for sure!

This will be my first complete build from top to bottom. Never removed a body from chassis, done complete interior, new wiring harness, air bags, etc.
Should be a fun learning process. Looking forward to giving back in some small way to the forum, albeit not exactly a c10.
Corte's Speed Shop is offline   Reply With Quote