View Single Post
Old 12-06-2016, 01:07 PM   #15
Corte's Speed Shop

Re: 1966 Aluminum P10 Grumman Olsonette

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62stepside longbox View Post
Sounds like a cool build, I'm subscribed. You may want to check this out http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=613242
Thanks! That's a great thread I've read through it several times now. I hope I can get mine to polish out as well as his.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llay R. Rac View Post
cool stuff!! i bet your dogs will like it.
a friend of mine built real nice living quarters in the back of one.
he mated the top of a vista cruiser station wagon on top, he said he got the idea when he saw one with the top of a suburban.
Sounds neat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomp View Post
Wow, thats a cool project for sure....
And $400,,,,,,, deal of the century.
Im in.
Sub'd
Thanks! I tried telling my girl that and she wasn't a believer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainfab View Post
Wow, you stole that for $400......that body looks to be in very good condition. This will make a cool rig for sure. That gas tank looks to be the same tank used in the Suburbans and panels. It is virtually identical to the '69-'72 Blazer tank but with an indentation for the spare tire.
Thanks Captainfab! It's in pretty good shape, but there's probably 100 small holes that have been drilled in it over the years. The aluminum body is definitely what sold me. You're totally right on the tank too! It has the indentation for the spare tire. Will also be ordering one of your P/S brackets before long. Do you know who has the best price on power gear boxes that are compatible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katrina/10 View Post
The frame looks similar to a C10.
From everything I've seen an read, it's identical. Just a shorter wheel base.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie91 View Post
Great score! Looking forward to see how you finish this one out...
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainfab View Post
I'm thinking that Grumman Olson just bought standard production short or long wheelbase frames or even a Suburban frame since it is already setup for the gas tank and shortened them to the 102" WB. You can see where the rear of the frame was extended, but I can't quite see a indication of where the frame may have been shortened. The OP may be able to see something.
From the short while I've been researching these step vans, they were actually built in a wide variety. The factory would build a chassis and cowl, then ship it to various body manufacturers. Chevrolet also built bodies as well. The variety of parts used is also pretty interesting. The original dash had gauges from '47-'54 Chevy 3100 trucks and the radiator is from '49-'54 Bel-Air's. I have some old brochure photos I'll post when I get home this evening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizz1963 View Post
Great deal on the purchase.

Always interested in why people sell stuff at that sort of price.

I will be watching this build as well, as it is certainly another Unicorn on here.
Thanks!
Corte's Speed Shop is offline   Reply With Quote