View Single Post
Old 09-30-2013, 06:13 PM   #17
silvertip67

Re: uni vs. standard points?

OK...this topic maybe should have been better called "good ignition for old cruisers"

I am an OK mechanic...but not close to the par of some of the officienados here...and quite frankly the presence of you folks is why I trust the forum so much...

yes I loved using the stock stuff...of course I have done so for over 40 years in all my old chevy trucks...a '55(full on wrap around rear windshield)...my '63 a good basic work truck...my '65 actually a place I stole more parts from...(a 283 block)...and my final find...the truck I aways wanted...a 4WD '67 w/ a 327...

but learning what is available out there by staandard channels has been very illuminating for sure...

did I get my new "UNI" points dialed in...yes( but the truck is still popping a bit under stress, I can see the evolution here in design actually))...am I aware of the possibilities of how much better my 327 wil run with the alternative...yes too...

I just need to save some allowance money for the change over...more than likely I will be back here asking for some answers to all the dumb questions...and I thank you all in advance for bearing with them...

thanks to all that have helped me out here...I just hope I can be of some help too someday...t ...

'55 Chevrolet 3100 w/ 235 il6(Powermaster)
'63 Chevrolet 1/2 ton 250 il6
'65 Chevrolet 1/2 ton 283 V8

Last edited by silvertip67; 09-30-2013 at 06:18 PM.
silvertip67 is offline   Reply With Quote