View Single Post
Old 11-23-2007, 02:26 PM   #4
DOUBLE-DINGO

Re: For Thoese Doing Disk Brakes. 60-66

I am in the process doing such conversion. I didn't replace upper and lower control arms. I did, however, replace the upper and lower ball joints because the control arms are basically the same as the 73-87 trucks. (My truck is a 1965 3/4 ton) I bought a kit from classic perform, but I was not pleased with the metric parts. It's an AMERICAN MADE TRUCK!!!!! NO METRIC PARTS ALLOWED!!!! Of course I didn't find out that they were metric until a couple of years later when I started my project full-on. So, no returns, and more money out of pocket...DANG IT!! I bought inner and outer tie-rod ends, kept the same center link, and got new spindles, calipers, pads, booster/master cylinder, etc. for the disc system. I will replace all of the steel lines and hoses. As soon as I get the frame cleaned and painted I will install all of the aforementioned parts. Right now the frame is bare, with a couple of fuel lines and brake lines attached. I would like to convert the '69 Dana 60 to rear disc but haven't heard of any available kits.
DOUBLE-DINGO is offline   Reply With Quote