View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 09:46 PM   #342
bagged61gmc

Re: Bolt in steering rack

hey Rob,
i have a question for you, i'm having some difficulties installing my rack... i know i have to do a little (read alot lol) of modifications for my specific truck to get your kit to work. here's a brief overview of whats going on, i have a '61 gmc that i have grafted a '65 front cross member onto this solved some of my problems. my main problem now is my truck has X'd frame rails, which means that my front and rears rails are boxed and narrower... i've already cut a hole into my frame to allow the first u-joint to pass through. so since my frame is different i don't have any reference holes for the where to drill for the bearing mount. i've included a few pictures to help give you an idea what i'm talking about.
i decided against PMing this to you in case some one else was in my boat, thought it might be decent information to get out there

one last thing ignore the two holes for the motor mounts... those are not in reference to anything, just holes i drilled to keep the engine in place right after i swapped it in x_x
thanks in advance
mike

edit: yes I Know i need to put a grommet on the airline in my first pic
Attached Images

bagged61gmc is offline   Reply With Quote