View Single Post
Old 01-01-2015, 06:51 PM   #36
Willowrun

Re: Had to buy - '77 Suburban

OK, last post in this update. Here's how it sits now. I was going to try to bolt the hangers up and get the axle mounted tonight but I'm torn as to whether or not I should pull the springs and replace the bushings while I'm this close to them.
I forgot to mention that I picked up some 8' wide rally rims a few months back on the cheap off of a 2wd suburban at the junkyard. Two of those and two of the 7" wide rally rims off of the Jimmy are currently at the blasters. I've researched rally rim and tire size combos and I like the looks of the set up BigMike608 has on his SWB (shown) although I would go black out on this pile. My plan is to run a 3" drop spindle (the backspacing on the 7" rim allow this without rubbing) and cut 3/4-1 full coil off of the springs. Any thoughts/concerns with this combo and the amount of drop I will have?
The only other thing I am pondering is what my pinion angle will be like with the rear 4x4 hangers as although I've heard it has been done, I haven't heard if there were issues with the pinion angle.
Attached Images

Willowrun is offline   Reply With Quote