View Single Post
Old 11-19-2015, 09:56 AM   #11
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Re: Refining "Sierra"

/After testing all the LED bulbs and installing them,I wanted to ensure that all the gauges were working before I closed the cluster up. Everything seemed to be functioning properly except the gas gauge. I knew that one tank was full, and the other was almost full. I couldnt get a proper reading, so I decided to remove the needle and make an adjustment.

Since I wasnt sure exactly which tank was full, and which was not I decided to top them both off and adjust from there. A quick trip to fill the tanks, and we could close the dash up. Thats when disaster #2 struck.

I managed to get a consistent reading from both tanks, but neither showed full. I tried to gently remove the new needle, but it broke too. At this point I was pretty much defeated. Not only am i not sure why my readings are off, I have yet another broken needle. Grrr!

Disappointed and frustrated, I was determined to see as much progress as possible. We removed the stock speakers and cleaned the top of the dash thoroughly. We stripped the surface rust from the speaker brackets and gave them a coat of satin black. Yes, I know they wont be seen, but it made me feel better.

To discuss this thread go here- LINK
Attached Images

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"

Last edited by N2TRUX; 11-30-2015 at 11:14 AM.
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote