View Single Post
Old 10-01-2018, 04:00 PM   #62
Bdb68

Re: 1968 Custom Camper Duramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange67 View Post
Man I have no idea how I've missed your build, but I'm in now! Love the truck and your ingenuity. I have a 67 Custom Camper C20, want to do a Dmax/Allison swap. Not sure about going 4x4, but I certainly dig your ride man. My initial plan is to find a standard cab 2wd with a Dmax in it, and start swapping and modifying from there. I really like that you've retained a factory style frame.
Thanks for the kind words. I recently tuned the truck and it is a blast to drive, I haven't put it on the Dyno yet but the tuner estimates 400-450hp, it is stock other than, intake, down pipe, exhaust, fass fuel pump and tune. If anything ever happens to the trans or I win a good scratch off lotto ticket, I plan to build the trans, bigger turbo or compounds and see what it will do. Around my area the 2wd Duramax trucks are a lot cheaper and as long as the oil pan to cross member clearance works out i think it would be a quicker/ easier swap. Unless you are planning on swapping your body on the Duramax frame, don't worry about it being a standard cab or extend/ crew cab. The standard cab long bed is a few inches longer than our truck so you will have to shorten the driveshaft anyways. Other than the driveshaft I don't see any issues using other models of Duramax trucks as a donor.
1972 Crew Cab Project
Bdb68 is offline   Reply With Quote