View Single Post
Old 08-07-2018, 05:15 PM   #1
benoit454
Chris

bed cross brace/support height

Does anyone have their bed off or an extra cross brace laying around they can measure the overall height of it for me? I'm looking for the cross braces that go from one side to the other, for fleetside but stepside guys can measure as well.

I ask because I had heard the 67-72's would be the same height as 73-87's which I have and need braces for. I cannot get good used ones no junkyards and I cannot have some made no real fab shop around here. Buying a new bed floor is out of the question as well, too much cost.

So if you guys have a cross brace, the ones in the front not so much the rear at the tailgate, please let me know how tall they are. I know our 84 has them 3 inches tall and around 1-1/2 or so wide.

I also saw classic industries lists one now, and sherman has one, well I bought the sherman one for another truck I had, it's like 3 inches wide( not a huge deal) but was almost a 1/4 inch or so taller then stock ones as well.

I'm hoping to find 67-72 heights and maybe they'll be the same as I've saw tons of places have them listed new for those trucks.

I know I could also have someone to cut some off and ship but that's a bit costly too. I'm just really looking to see if the 67-72's would be an option or not before I figure out exactly what I'll do to fix ours.

GIT R DONE!!!!!!

Check out all our rides,
http://www.cardomain.com/id/benwa454
benoit454 is offline   Reply With Quote