View Single Post
Old 04-17-2008, 03:14 PM   #17
bigblock73
yeller

Re: cab corner 6x9 speaker brackets

OK, all PM's sent I have replied to. Once payment is made I'll update quanity left.

I have also received a couple questions on these brackets. These brackets are mounted with three fasteners, 1 on top, 2 on bottom. Since these brackets mount tight to the rear cab and door opening, I feel that is sufficient. However, if you would like additional mounts on top, here is what I suggest...and just might do if I make a second batch of these. Cut off the single top tab, then bend up two small angle brackets. You can then mount the angle brackets to the cab lip, and then mount the speaker bracket to them. If anyone would like to do this, I can supply a flat piece of 3/4" wide steel and you can make your own...free of charge. You just have to let me know before I ship your brackets.

Also, I don't suspect the sound quality will be affected by these speaker brackets compared to the stock 4x10 brackets. However, I plan to sound deaden the backside of my brackets, and perhaps put insulation in the cab corners...just to be on the safe side.

Of course, if you have any questions, please drop me a PM.

Thanks!
bigblock73 is offline   Reply With Quote