Thread: C10 Goldilocks
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2018, 11:15 PM   #124
Phill0406

Re: C10 Goldilocks

Tore the truck apart - making things a little tidier. First up was putting the floor back in the bed. Holy crap was this a lot of work. Capped off some 1.5" eighth wall box tubing with a plate with a hole and a grade 8 nut welded on the inside, built the frame around that, put plates on the ends with two holes to bolt to the bed side then painted it with chassis paint. The frame I built bolts into the stock location using half inch bolts - worked like a charm. The extra brace in the front is for the exhaust hangers to bolt to. Then I recessed the under side of the floor so it would fit snug on the frame, pressure washed and then undercoated it and flopped it in. The wheel tubs got cut down and patched up, undercoated as well and then I did a vinegar/hydrogen peroxide/salt mixture to make them rust a little. Color matches the carriage bolts and viola. A tip for anyone doing this... it's way easier to take one side of the bed off to get the floor in than it is to try to shoe horn the thing into place. It takes a few minutes longer but is so much easier.

Just need to cut the hole for the flush mount fuel filler and it'll be done. Now it's onto the fire wall. There are a few holes I want to shave and then give my best shot at actual body work instead of a tube of seam sealer and spray paint. I have an April 31st deadline for a show, a lot more work to do.

68 Anniversary build - LS swap & Porterbuilt
Instagram @fourdoorphill
Phill0406 is offline   Reply With Quote