View Single Post
Old 06-07-2010, 09:16 PM   #49
nlped

Re: My "New" '76 2wd TOY...currently un-named

Well, I went ahead and used these 4x4 Tahoe leaf springs. After a quick conversation with Travis, I decided to try them. I did go ahead and drill a hole directly in the middle of the flip bracket to compensate for the Tahoe spring bolt being 1" further back. That way the rearend would be in the correct location as far as the driveshaft is concerned.

I didn't get it finished, but the actual rearend is under the Blazer, and all of the major bolts are in place & the u-bolts are tight. I didn't tighten up the shackle bolts or the front leaf spring/hanger bolt yet, as I figured it would be smarter to do that once the truck is back on the ground. I still have to bolt up the driveshaft, install the hardlines on the rearend housing (I waited to do this because of the disc brake kit), and install the brake kit and bleed it. Then I just have to put the rearend cover on and add fluid and friction additive and I should be good to go . I'm going to try and finish it up tomorrow evening if the weather permits.

Then I have to start on rebuilding the whole front suspension... YUCK!!! But it's gonna ride one heck of a lot better, and the 4 wheel drive stance will be gone.

1968 Chevy SWB Fleet... Walt

1963-1/2 Ford Falcon Futura...Martha
nlped is offline   Reply With Quote