View Single Post
Old 09-20-2017, 02:05 PM   #144
gigamanx

Re: Francis the Tow Pig - 1949 GMC 250 Dually

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutlawDrifter View Post
My roll of 3/8" hard line came in so I could get the tranny cooler lines finished up, worked on that Monday night. Turns out, my flare tool does not like to flare this line. Ended up having to start the flare with a whack from a hammer, then finishing it off with the tool itself.

Some pictures of the other progress achieved this weekend also. Need to go check on the wrecker bed and pick up some steel I ordered last Friday.

I didn't even think of trying to use the stock transmission plate to create the outer edge of a removable trans cover. I was just going to weld it right onto the bed. Very cool. Any thoughts on how you're going to figure out the angle to cut the curved portion, or are you going to box it in with square lines instead of a bend over the transmission?

What tool are you using so I don't buy it haha. I will need to do transmission lines at some point. I'm thinking of mounting my cooler under the cab though somewhere close. I didn't want to take up the space in front of the radiator just in case I want to install A/C in the future. Pretty sure that's where the AC cooler would go.

Build Thread Phase 1 "The Swap": 1949 3100 with S10 swap. Beginner build with ambition!

Build Thread Phase 2 "The Drop": Beginner Build with Ambition gets Air Ride
gigamanx is offline   Reply With Quote