View Single Post
Old 05-20-2020, 12:29 PM   #1
Basketcase889

69 c10 to 71/72 Discs and 5 Bolt - Spindle Question

Ok, so I originally ordered the Brothers front disc conversion kit and after them saying it would be 4-8 weeks I cancelled my order.

I then found a local guy selling front and rear disc/drum swap for a great price! But now have to figure out how to make it all work on my truck.

So what I got from him was:

Front- Rotors, callipers (with hoses), brand new pads and dust shields, stock height spindles

Rear - Drums complete - no axles

Brand new brake booster, master cylinder and prop valve. All for about $150.

So my plan was to buy the CPP modular drop spindles for a 71/72 disc brake truck and that should bolt all together with what I have bought, with the exception of the tie rods right? I would need the newer style outers and then use the 69/70 outers on the inside with a conversion sleeve or something? I also read about the brake hoses, and how they mount to the front of the arms vs rear like the 69/70, so would need a longer set of those I'm assuming.

My biggest question is, can I get a disc conversion drop spindle for a 69/70 and use the 71/72 parts? That should make the tie rods work better, and also allow the use of the 73+ balljoints right? Would this work? And do they sell these in a 5 bolt for the 69/70?

What is the best plan of attack for this conversion? I know it would have been easier to just order the full conversion kits, but the price I got this for (also shipping and conversion to Canada right now sucks!) along with the rear 5 bolt drums made it hard to pass up.

Next question regarding the rear 5 bolt swap? All I should need is the 5 bolt axles right? I know they made them in different lengths but not sure what length I'd need? Assuming 71/72 axles? Everything else should bolt up correctly for a 69-72 trailing arm rear end?

Thanks a ton!
Basketcase889 is offline   Reply With Quote