View Single Post
Old 01-03-2017, 01:26 AM   #1
Steven R

Question about order or operations

So I finally have all the rusted out metal pieces on me cab all welding in, new floor patches, cab mounts, inner and outer rockers, A and B pillar pcs and finally new cab corners. I had the cab blasted and epoxy primed before the new patch panels went on. My cab Is off the truck and on a very nice roller frame. This is a complete frame off rebuild/resto. Frame is done and ready to go, It was sand blasted and painted. Just need exhaust and new Wiring harness, and rad cradle.

My questions are what order do I have these next things done in as not to by done out of order?

MY WISH LIST

-Fix all small dents fill and bondo as needed
-Use a under coating to coat the underside of the cab and the inside of the cab floor area.
-Have cab doors fitted and fixed (Cab doors do fit after all replacement pieces are in but door gap and alignment could be better. I think I got it to 80 percent and will need a body man to get the next 10 to 20 percent. This is a daily driver and not a show truck.)
-Painted in color.

My thoughts are to

A- Fix dents and bondo (by bodyman/painter)
B- Fix and Align doors (By bodyman/painter)
C- Prime truck one more time after Doors and all bondo work is done (By bodyman/painter)

D- Take back home, As at this point I will have to put project on hold to save up more money to be able to afford the next step/steps

E- Do all new seam sealer As needed. (Done by myself to save some money)
F- Have cab and doors and front fenders in Final Paint (bodyman/painter)
G- Have Floor and underside of cab coated in line x or Some kind of under coating. Not sure what to use yet, need to do more resource. (Done by myself again for money reasons.

Sorry for the long read. Thanks in Advance for you time.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote