View Single Post
Old 04-07-2017, 04:09 PM   #6
MASTERBrian

Re: Electric Choke Positive Wire

Quote:
Originally Posted by franken View Post
The gen light is on when the engine is off if I understand things so as soon as the engine starts, the choke would open. I think/thought the electric choke had a bimetalic coil inside that actuates a switch based on temperature, so a switched (on w/ key in run/start) power source would be the right solution and since current is low, no relay is needed.

If you have other wiring problems, I'd leave the choke alone since its more of a luxury item.
Understood, but I'm trying to tape up the harness on the engine side, so I need to figure out if I should run that wire into the cab or leave it loose. Can't tape up the wires if it's loose. I think I'll going to wrap it up with the alt wires. I guess even if I decide to run off of that or something else it just needs to get to the cab and right now I have 2 open spots on the firewall connection on driver side where the headlights/horn enter.

I won't know until I can start the truck if the AC port on the panel is running position, but that seems like a good spot to tie into. I'll try to get that pic uploaded.
MASTERBrian is offline   Reply With Quote