View Single Post
Old 05-17-2018, 01:22 AM   #1
Pancholasvegas

Been working on my '68 C10 LWB for a little while now.. figured it was time to share.

Picked this truck up last summer, ended up driving it for the summer and when wintertime came around it was time to get to business. Was a good driver that looked good too. Had been resprayed at some point in its life. The bed was pretty well rotten in the wheel wells, and the floor supports were pretty shot. Rocker panels weren't bad really, but the cab corners were. Fortunately it could have been worse. Truck has a 307 small block with a turbo 350. 56,000 miles on the truck and I believe them to be original. We pulled the bedsides and ripped out the steel floor. Ordered all the hardware for a wooden bed and all the wood. Took the bedsides and tailgate to a buddy to do the basic metal work on them to take some of the load off the painter. With the motor out, tore it down a little bit to replace a leaky rear main seal, valve cover gaskets, head gaskets, etc. Right now just waiting on the body shop to send me back the frame so I can drop the motor back in and they can spray and rehang the truck.
Attached Images

Pancholasvegas is offline   Reply With Quote