View Single Post
Old 10-19-2020, 09:10 PM   #81
Pvmt-Pndr

Re: 69 C60 Mega Truck Hauler

Quote:
Originally Posted by C10 - C90 Bill View Post
It will take some patience, but it doesn't look that bad. Is the Fuel Pressure Gauge original or aftermarket? As you may want to consider to eliminate it.
Fuel pressure gauge was aftermarket and so was the fuel filter under the hood. I installed them to trouble shoot my fuel delivery problem with resulted in me replacing the fuel pump. I installed the filter so I could visually see fuel flowing. They served their purpose and will be eliminated now. When I put it back together I will use swagelok fittings and ss line going from the existing fuel line to the carb.

No it really isn't that bad. It could have been so much worse. If I can get a definitive answer to a standard deck BBC distributor working on a tall deck motor I'll buy one asap. There's tons of mixed information out there. I would like to get it running again before the weather gets too cold again. It's a little disheartening to see in the shape it's in because of the amount of work I've done to it and just how well it was running just before this happened. I do have to be thankful that it went up in flames in my driveway though. 3 minutes up the road and I would have never been able to get to a fire extinguisher and back fast enough and the truck would be a complete and total loss.
Pvmt-Pndr is offline   Reply With Quote