Thread: GA Trans Cooler
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2018, 12:11 PM   #1
Wgesnerjr

Trans Cooler

So while I was out in the Pull-a-part yards this weekend, I found a REALLY big trans cooler on a round headlight truck. Plan was to integrate into my 85 LS swapped truck for great towing capacity.

However, I have since learned that it is too big to fit behind my grille. There must have been a change to the area in front of the A/C condenser in the beginning of the 80's as I have NO room for this one.

Wish I would have taken a picture of it in the yard but it was mounted directly to the A/C condenser with the push in attachments. It ran behind the center support and covered almost 3/4 of the opening. (side to side)

The measurement of the cooler itself is 18" x10 3/4" with another 1 3/4" on either side for the tubes to make their turn-around. It cooler is 1 3/4" thick and has 5/8" tubes on the turn-arounds.

I have painstakingly straightened and combed the fins out as I planned on fabricating a bracket for install into my truck. Unfountuately, for me to use, I would have to remove the center support and then it might still hit the turn signals in the grill.

So, it's huge by large and needs a 79 and down truck to fit in. I have bought a smaller one and only look to make back what I spent on it. $19 plus shipping to your locale.
Attached Images

LS 5.3, 4L60E
Father/Daughter Project
Wgesnerjr is offline   Reply With Quote