View Single Post
Old 08-24-2013, 08:52 AM   #21
NC_John

Re: 1970 C10 LWB "Blu"

The mechanical restoration continues... The goal being to be 100% functional mechanically, then start making it pretty... It'll be a while before this ugly duckling is a looker

I pulled the heater box (inside and out), cleaned out the crazy amount of leaves and debris, washed everything inside and out and then put it back together with all new seals.

I'm glad I went through the trouble of taking the entire system apart- it was pretty nasty and had a ton of dirt in it from the farm-truck days.

When I got it back together I flushed and refilled the system with fresh coolant. New thermostat, rad cap etc... Trying to build something reliable here...

Yesterday I got started on the door seals. New channels, fuzzies, etc. Driver's door in done - what a pain. It looks and works great but man was that a lot of work. The passenger side should go a lot quicker now that I know what I am doing (factory service manual has little to no detail on the job).

Gave everything a really good cleanup while it was apart and lubed the hell out of the window crank and door latch/handle/lock assemblies. Everything works like new on the drivers side now and the door is a lot quieter when I have to slam it for the new weatherstrip on the cab....

Instagram (current build pictures) 70_nc_c10
NC_John is offline   Reply With Quote