View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 01:37 AM   #47
1956cameo

Re: Left for dead: 72 2wd blazer build

After playing around with the seats I got started on doing some actual work. Since all of the cowl patching was done it was time to put the dash back in. I put my guide pins (drill bits) into place, and the side bolts to get it lined back into place. All of the bolt holes and drilled out spot welds fit back up beautifully. Here is a shot of it clamped down ready to be welded in.

About an hour later everything was back into place exactly as it had been before.

Another shot of the welded in dash.

After wrapping up on the firewall area I debated whether or not the next area I needed to work on; the upper windshield area or the floor. Since I didn't want to take the top off I decide to start working on the floor section. The majority of the floor is riddled with small rust spots or gouges and dents. I am not sure what someone did to beat the floor up so bad but it is rough. I don't know if I should repair the floor as a whole unit or in sections since the middle section is still in good shape.

The rust issues facing the passenger side rocker panel area.

Just like the cowl panels, the rocker area on the drivers side is in much worse shape than the passenger side.

'72 blazer 2wd build

67-72 Factory Big Block Registry

Last edited by 1956cameo; 01-26-2010 at 01:40 AM.
1956cameo is offline   Reply With Quote