View Single Post
Old 12-07-2016, 03:51 PM   #314
DirtyLarry
Windy Corner of a Dirty Street

Re: Polar Bear Suburban

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83GMCK2500 View Post
I had the passenger side mirror pane fall out of the housing of my '83 as I was driving down the highway. Caught a glint out of the corner of my eye then sparkly things in the rearview, started looking around wondering what in the world just happened.

Larry, if you get a minute I would appreciate your 8.1 input: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=721338
That is funny. I lost a couple tools similar to that

The original mirror that came on the bear were pretty delaminated so I had G-van mirrors on it, which are identical except the tube had a slightly different bend. The G-van mirror is the one that got broke so I ordered a pair of aftermarket ones from Fleebay with low expectations. Oh, man! What junk they were just to my suspicion. The bases were so flimsy the mirrors giggled everywhere when shutting the doors. I ended up just taking the new mirror portion off and installing them on the original Suburban tubes and bases. Quality parts are hard to find these days. Friggen Taiwan and China are going to kill us all sooner or later.

I’ll take a look at that thread. Sorry, I don’t get here much unless someone whistles at me by pushing a subscribed thread to the top

This is what G-van mirrors look like on a square.
DirtyLarry is offline   Reply With Quote