View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 11:43 AM   #37
special-K
Special Order

Re: most original 60-66 truck in existence?

I got to hear that V12 run. What a sound! That truck was owned by the late Fred Craig of Lorton,VA. He had quite a collection of heavy duty GMC trucks from the '40s to the '70s. Sadly,Fred died after a couple year bout with leukemia. He was responsible for the creation of the Tri-State Regional Truck Show of the National Truck Historical Society held in late September in Winchester,VA.

The more years go by,the more I appreciate all original trucks. I've always been torn two ways because I'm a modifier (hot rodder) at heart. But,have always had a full appreciation of what trucks are,as they are,how they were used,how there's always been those with high respect towards their trucks,how they can be outfitted to imrove their usefulness,as well as being a significant part of American history. I won't be hapy until I have at least one all original vintage GM Truck in my garage. I am for preservation,as long as the snotty nature stays out of it. Something about snotty and truck just don't fit right. After all,that's what Packards are for.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 01-10-2011 at 10:46 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote