View Single Post
Old 11-01-2008, 11:08 PM   #125
asphaltburner

Re: '78 3/4 ton 4x4 FRANKENTRUCK

Yo! Thanks, all!
And grinch4om, I used as much steel as I could for now, and in all the important spots. Steel from the valve to the pump, and nearly to the carb. Rubber from the tanks to the valve due to the short, torturous runs, but all up high, under the bed and protected between the bed frame rails and by the frame. I'm a NAVY trained firefighter, so I was especially careful to protect the lines, especially since I have extra, return lines for each tank. I also planned routing to stay away from the exhaust before the exhaust was actually installed.
The three port fuel senders require rubber, as does the valve, for connections, and the rubber runs between them are short. I thought about it at length, but could find no further runs that I could replace with steel. One run IS for vents, and does not carry fuel,...so the pic is deceptive. Pump and valve are steel shielded. Excellent advice though!!
I'll certainly keep studying my installation, and refining it as I finish things.
Had to tackle ALL the chores today that went by the wayside while FRANKENTRUCK was being built (in time for snow, and Halloween!), so I'll have to get pics tomorrow. Thanks to all of you that have been following my build!! Todd.
asphaltburner is offline   Reply With Quote