View Single Post
Old 12-16-2013, 04:19 PM   #121
Jahloha

Re: For Gramps (1970 C20 RestoMod)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp rat View Post
Yea for the thick stuff i use and a putty knife and hand wire brush, then oven cleaner followed by a hose while in the driveway (and side yard too) Remember tho that oven cleaner eats paint..
Yeah, its one of those, "wish I had known that" before it happened haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knomadd View Post
I couldn't see spending that much money on a pair of crimpers, so I bought these: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They did a great job on most of the connectors, but there where some connectors that took a bit of initial tweaking to fit inside the jaws. I'm not sure if the terminals are just extra thick, or if the crimpers I bought weren't for the bigger connectors, but I made it work. I'd say these worked great on about 90-95% of the connectors.
Great! I would rather buy a pair then do the rental process with AAW. Better to have a tool, then not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by litew8 View Post
Can't see the part you are asking about too well. Guessing it ties one side of the engine down preventing engine torque movement.
Thats what I figured, but it was attached when I pulled the engine, almost positive.

My grandpa, Gramps, won a 1970 C20 in 1969 for $1. I'm on a mission to restore it before he passes.

My 1970 C20 Build Thread
Jahloha is offline   Reply With Quote