View Single Post
Old 09-15-2013, 02:31 AM   #11
jlsanborn

Re: Project Stupid Move - A rebuild for the Boy

Got that f-ucker sandid', on it's azz and branded, it's brown....

Cracks me up man! You sang that song back in the day on my build thread and it really stuck. Whenever I'm out there lookin at the heap the rhythm starts.

So I got all the panels from the bone yard last week and this morning we gave them all a good scrubbing with brushes and detergent. The fenders were OG paint and I can tell ya, I got no issues leaving most of that on there. We feathered all the rock chips out, had a couple tiny filler spots and they look great. The hood was re-sprayed but nice. It was a BC/CC metallic but no question, it just peeled off as compared to the OG paint on the fenders. Boy was pretty impatient when it came to the sandin. He's like "eff it Johnny, let's paint the beotch so I can drive it!" I scrubbed my fingers to the bone then shot them with polyester primer. While that was setting up we ripped the clip off. The "good-guy" frame straightening deal went sideways but we did a bunch of measuring and the frame is good to the cross member. Looks like it's just the horns that got TWEAKED! Core support is straight and the inners are good. We're headed to the pine tree with our logging gear and a come along in the morning and will get it back where it oughtta be. I grabbed a quart of that Van Sickle tractor paint labeled "Rustic Brown". The chip looked pretty good but the way it layed out I'd liken it more towards "Dog-Shat Brown". Boy is happy so I'm happy! More updates tomorrow!

Edit...
We taped off the exterior of the panels. The DS Brown is just the engine compartment and door jambs.
Attached Images

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=471776

Last edited by jlsanborn; 09-15-2013 at 02:50 AM.
jlsanborn is offline   Reply With Quote