Thread: First Rat Rod
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2018, 11:22 PM   #2
gigamanx

Re: First Rat Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckrueger4 View Post
This is my first attempt at building a ratrod. I want to build a nice custom truck in the future. While doing this ratrod I will hopefully learn some do's and dont's and the right and wrong ways to do metal working. I started this build using a rusted out cab from our cow pasture. I wanted to chop the top, change out the dash, shorten a box, and use a different front clip possibly. I am in the process of chopping the top right now. I was going to use the s-10 frame and a 350 but now I am using a 90's Chevy front end and the the stock rear section that the box is attached to. I will weld them together so I have disk brakes in the front. The 90's Chevy had a v6. This is my first project and can't wait to get further involved in it.
Posted via Mobile Device
I'm a fan of ratrods. I dunno, they just seem like any minute they're going to disintegrate into the dirt and never be seen again haha.

With that said. Cab looks pretty good, why the decision to chop? I would imagine this type of truck would cause some issues with sourcing glass, cutting the doors, and lowering the seat. Looks like you had bigger fish to fry, but hey I bet there is some chopped 3100 out there that inspired you to start.

What are your ideas on engine and transmission?

Build Thread Phase 1 "The Swap": 1949 3100 with S10 swap. Beginner build with ambition!

Build Thread Phase 2 "The Drop": Beginner Build with Ambition gets Air Ride
gigamanx is offline   Reply With Quote